First State Bank of the Florida Keys urges everyone to bike to work for fun, fitness, and/or transportation to help the Keys environment in honor of National Bike Month and Bike to Work Day on Friday, May 17th.
"As your hometown Green Bank, First State Bank, encourages our local friends and neighbors to decrease their footprint on the environment by riding their bikes to work on Friday the 17th," said Angie Walterson, First State Bank AVP/PR and Communications Manager.
"Biking to work is an efficient and fun way to get the exercise you need, without having to find extra time to work out," said Andy Clarke, President of the League of American Bicyclists. "With gasoline prices as high as they are, biking to work makes more sense than ever."
For more information, visit http://www.bikeleague.org.
The following are some tips that will help you enjoy biking to work more:
- Have your bike checked over by your local bike shop
- Always wear a helmet for protect your head in the event of a crash
- Ride in the right-most lane that goes in the direction that you are traveling
- Obey all stop signs, traffic lights, and lane markings
- Look before you change lanes or signal a turn; indicate your intention, then act
- Be visible and predictable at all times; wear bright clothing and signal turns