Business Debit Card
DEBIT MASTERCARD BUSINESSCARD®
One card, twice the benefits. Our Debit Mastercard BusinessCard provides all of the features of an ATM Card – plus, it allows you to use your card to purchase items at any business that accepts Mastercard. The funds for your purchases come right out of your checking account as if you had written a check. Really, it couldn’t be easier.
And you don't have to wait. We offer instant issue debit cards so you can come in and walk out with a card today.
DEBIT MASTERCARD BUSINESSCARD®
- Zero Liability Protection*
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection™*
- MasterAssist® Travel Assistance Services – MasterLegal® Referral Service, MasterTrip® Travel Assistance, Master RoadAssist®, Travel Services Medical Assistance
- MasterRental® Insurance Coverage
- Purchase Assurance® Coverage
- Mastercard VAT Reclaim Service
- Extended Warranty Coverage*
Security and Protection
Mastercard SecureCode is a private code for your Mastercard account that gives you an additional layer of online shopping security. Only First State Bank and you know what your code is — merchants aren't able to see it. Plus, it's easy to activate and use. Look for the logo when you're providing your payment information online. Click here to learn more or register for this free service.
DEBIT CARD SECURITY TIPS
Are your finances safe? Make sure you’ve checked off all the things on the list below to keep your card information secure.
- Create a unique PIN.
- Keep your PIN confidential. Memorize it. Don't write it down.
- Conceal your PIN from onlookers when entering at an ATM or terminal.
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone. The Bank will never ask for your PIN.
- Store your card in a secure location, and never lend it to anyone.
- Report missing or stolen cards immediately at 1-800-554-8969.
- Always take your card & receipt after completing a transaction.
- Review your bank statements regularly & report discrepancies immediately.
As a special service to protect your account(s), First State Bank of the Florida Keys reserves the right to restrict card use for risky activities & suspicious geographic regions around the world.
BLOCKED DEBIT CARD INFORMATION
Has your card been unexpectedly blocked? Don’t worry – it’s probably not your fault. Here’s a quick overview of what to do if your card gets blocked by the system, and some reasons why it might happen.
First State Bank uses a sophisticated behavioral scoring system to track debit card transactions and protect customers from fraud. That means that some transactions may get blocked because the system views them as “suspicious” activity – the card is being used in an unusual place or a large withdrawal has been made. Some signature CREDIT transactions may be blocked by specific retail categories, like liquor stores and gas stations, or by location. In those cases, you can usually use your DEBIT card with the secure PIN.
Of course, you may be the one making the transaction and there’s no fraud involved. But we like to make sure.
REMEMBER - Debit cards can be used 2 ways: as a signature CREDIT purchase or as a DEBIT purchase, which requires a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to complete the transaction. If you try to make a signature CREDIT purchase and your card is declined, you should try using the DEBIT PIN as a secure way of completing the transaction.
If your card has been rejected, here’s what you should do:
- Try using the PIN (Personal Identification Number) to complete the transaction.
- Try using the debit card at an ATM using the secure PIN.
- Call or visit one of our Keyswide branches for assistance.
If we see unusual or suspicious activity on your card, here’s what we do:
- We try to contact you to verify the transaction(s).
- If we can’t get in touch with you, we disable the CREDIT function, meaning your card can only be used for DEBIT functions with the secure PIN.
- If we get in touch with you and you verify that the charges are legitimate, we’ll unblock your debit card and you can resume normal purchase activity.
- If you let us know that the charges are NOT legitimate, we reserve the right to inactivate the debit card and issue a new card.
In order to minimize the risk of fraud, here’s what you should do:
- Notify the Bank of any upcoming travel plans or large/unusual purchases.
- Always carry a secondary method of payment, such as a credit card or cash.
- If you suspect that your PIN has been compromised, change the PIN at any First State Bank of the Florida Keys Branch ATM or call 1-866-280-2549.
- Make sure that we have your current email address, home, work and cell numbers on file, so we can contact you if we suspect fraudulent activity.
There is a daily limit on ATM withdrawals and Debit purchases.
To avoid debit card fraud, we’ve put extra security precautions in place that may automatically block transactions in certain foreign countries. If you’re planning on traveling outside the country, make sure you call Customer Service first at 305-296-8535.
Mastercard and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International, Incorporated.
CardValet is a registered trademark of FiServ, Inc or its affiliates.