Pandemic 2020 Updates
First State Bank cares about the health and well-being of our customers, our community, and our team members.
As the impact of the coronavirus continues, please be assured that we are also focused on continuing to provide service to our customers. We have taken and will continue to take steps to ensure that we deliver the level of quality, excellence, and timeliness you are accustomed to, although the ways in which we deliver our service to you may change.
Please know your Hometown Bank is here to help throughout this crisis, as we have been since 1955. We will get through this together. We are #KeysStrong!
SBA Payroll Protection Program Loans
SBA Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Loans
First State Bank of the Florida Keys successfully processed, submitted, and received approval for many qualified Payroll Protection Program (PPP) loan applications submitted by our Monroe County small business customers and we are pleased that a second round of SBA funding was approved for us to help even more small businesses in Monroe County.
As the Keys Hometown Bank, we fully understand the urgency of the situation and, now in the second wave of funding, we continue to diligently work to ensure we can help as many small businesses as possible, who complete and submit the required documentation, to access the SBA funds they need so that they may take care of their business, their staff, and ultimately their families.
PLEASE NOTE: As with the original SBA PPP funding, there is nationwide demand for the secondary funds and SBA PPP remains a first come, first served program. First State Bank cannot guarantee that any applications we receive can be successfully submitted before Federal funding runs out.
If you would like to apply, please fill out a contact request through the button below and we will contact you. First State Bank will make every effort but cannot guarantee that any request we receive will be submitted before Federal funding runs out.
The Bank is currently offering two loan deferral options for customers with existing loans, a 6-month payment deferral option and a 6-month interest-only payment option.
Stimulus Checks - Alerts, Tracking, and Check Verification
What's the easiest way to see if your EIP Stimulus Check has arrived in your First State Bank account?
Set up an IRS Alert!
- Login to Online or Mobile Banking
- Go to: Menu - Settings - Alerts
- Select: New Alert - History Alert
- Account - Select account that stimulus check should be deposited into
- Transaction - Select Description
- Description - Enter IRS
- Delivery Method - Choose Secure Message, Email, Phone, or Text
- Frequency - Every Occurance
We've got several additional easy ways to check your account, anytime of the day or night, while remaining safely in quarantine.
- Login to Online Banking above or Mobile Banking to view balances and see all transactions including recent deposits
- Call our automated Telephone Banking service at 305-293-0000 to get information like your balance or last 10 deposits
- Use Text Banking to check your balance - Text BAL to 226563. Not enrolled yet, do it today through Online or Mobile Banking.
Want to check on the status of your Economic Impact Payment (Stimulus Check)?
The IRS has created a tracking tool to help. Visit their website for more information: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments
Need to verify that the paper Stimulus Check you received is not fraudulent?
Visit the US Department of the Treasury's Treasury Check Information System (TCIS) page: https://tcva.fiscal.treasury.gov.
Location & Hours Update
Out of an abundance of caution and based on the recommendations encouraged and emphasized by our local, state, and national governments, the Bank has temporarily consolidated our locations and has limited face-to face transactions.
All ATMs and Night Drops will remain in service. Courier service in the Upper and Middle Keys will continue. Our local Call Center remains ready to serve. And of course, all Online and Mobile Banking services are available and encouraged as a means of social distancing.
Drive-Thru/Walk-Up Window Service Only Locations - Banker/Lender meetings and Safe Deposit Box access by appointment
- Main Office - 1201 Simonton Street, Key West
- Boulevard Office - 3406 N Roosevelt Blvd, Key West (extended drive-thru hours: 8 AM - 7 PM Mon-Fri, 9 AM-4 PM Sat)
- Stock Island Office - 5450 MacDonald Ave, Stock Island
- Big Pine Office - 30515 Overseas Hwy, Big Pine Key
- Marathon Office - 6900 Overseas Hwy, Marathon
- Islamorada Office - 81621 Old Hwy, Islamorada
- Key Largo Office - 97670 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo
Limited In-Person Access Location
- Tradewinds Plaza Office, 101433 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo
Call Center - 305-296-8535
- Extended Hours Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 7 PM / Sat: 9 AM - 4 PM
Temporarily Closed Locations - *Safe Deposit Box Access by appointment
- Old Town Office, 444 Whitehead Street, Key West
- Winn-Dixie Office - 2778 N Roosevelt Blvd, Key West
- Summerland Office - 24794 Overseas Hwy, Summerland Key*
CARES Act - Individual Retirement Account (IRA) Updates
Please consult with your tax advisor on how these changes may affect you and what actions are best for your situation.
- Deadline for contributing to an IRA for tax year 2019 has been extended to July 15, 2020
- Requirement to take a minimum distribution (RMD) for 2020 has been suspended. This includes Traditional and Inherited IRA distributions. Any customer that took a distribution within the last 60 days may put it back and it will be rolled over.
- 10% IRS early withdrawal penalty will be waived on distributions up to $100,000 taken between January 1 and December 31, 2020
- No mandatory withholding on rollovers from Qualified Plans where the funds are paid directly to the participants
- Option to pay any taxes on COVID-19 related distributions over three years
- Extended time to rollover funds from qualified plans may apply
Healthy Banking Practices - Skip the Trip!
To help you to reduce your exposure, be sure to take advantage of all of the ways that you can bank with First State Bank from your home, office, or vehicle to maintain social distancing.
Online and Mobile Banking KeysBank.com
- Check account balances and pending items in real-time
- Transfer funds to another account or bank
- Make loan payments
- Pay bills
- Deposit checks
- View, search, and sort transaction history
- View online and mobile transactions
- View statements, checks, and deposit slips
- Manage email, text, and phone alerts
- Send and receive secure messages
- Request address change
- Request stop payment
- Reorder checks
Cash Needs & Purchases
First State Bank (FSB) Debit Cards, Night Drops, and ATMs
- Use your FSB debit card to get cash at any FSB ATM or Publix Presto! ATM with NO ATM fees.
- Use your FSB debit card to get cash back from your purchases.
- Deposit cash at any FSB ATM or Night Drop.
- Use your FSB debit card to shop online or by phone and have items delivered directly to you.
Telephone Banking and Call Center - 305-293-0000
Our 24-hour automated Telephone Banking service allows you to get balances, transfer funds, or manage your debit card all over the phone. For additional help, our local Call Center Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8 AM - 6 PM and Saturdays from 9 AM - 1 PM.
Additional Relief Resources for Business Customers
To further assist you, we have provided below some additional resources that may be helpful to you during this time.
Small Business Administration (SBA)Coronavirus (COVID-19) Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources